The Harold Cressy Alumni Association is a Non-Profit Organisation (NPO – 125-039) and a Public Benefit Organisation (PBO 930 035 175). It was formally constituted in March 2006 with members who are former students and teachers of Harold Cressy High School.
The current Association had its genesis at the 21st anniversary reunion of the Class of 1980 in March 2001. Arising out of this event was the establishment of a voluntary group that organized regular fundraising events to assist the Harold Cressy Bursary Fund, such as annual gala dinner events. These also served to establish and build a network amongst alumni. Participation of alumni from other years contributed greatly to the success of the events, and this led to the establishment of the Harold Cressy Alumni Association on 26 March 2006.
The aims and objectives of the HCAA are to:
- Preserve the heritage of Harold Cressy High School.
- Support Harold Cressy High School in all its activities.
- Provide and improve educational facilities at Harold Cressy High School.
- Support the Bursary Fund.
- Establish and maintain a network amongst Harold Cressy High School alumni.
- Obtain funds and resources to achieve the objectives of the Harold Cressy Alumni Association.
The support base of the Association has assisted Harold Cressy High School through various projects and activities; these include the following:
- Regular theatre and other fundraising events for the benefit of the Harold Cressy Bursary Fund.
- The Harold Cressy High School Multi-Purpose Hall Project – one of the more ambitious projects of the Association that has now passed the halfway stage in terms of funding and other resources, with commencement of Phase 1 in September 2014.
- The Harold Cressy Heritage Project – the declaration of Harold Cressy High School as a Provincial Heritage Site was celebrated with the ‘unveiling’ of a commemorative plaque at HCHS on 24 September 2014. The Heritage Project will aid in maintaining, protecting and advancing the legacy of Harold Cressy. It is envisioned that the proposed Multi-Purpose Hall would include a “memory” or “heritage” space within the new complex. This would be unlike other instances where the historical exhibitions are not always accommodated in situ.
The Harold Cressy Alumni Association is a vehicle for alumni to make a contribution towards uplifting the school. We are happy to share our experiences with other interested parties, including alumni of other schools.
HCAA Executive Committee