Archive 1: Plaque Mini-Launch Recap
This is the first in a series of posts leading up to Phase 2 of the Multi-purpose Hall project. These posts comprise of the alumni association newsletters that were sent out over the last few months to inform the alumni of the project’s progress.
Good Day All
We wish to express our sincere gratitude to you for attending the Mini Launch of the plaques and information session at such short notice.
• The professional team explained the concept of the multi-purpose hall and the deadlines that we have to meet.
• Dr Shafick Ismail explained the reason for the funds required to enable us to meet the deadline set by the WCED.
• Khalied Isaacs, Principal, advised of the challenges facing the school and the availability of the multi-purpose hall once completed.
• Dr Ismail and Hashim Nacerodien gave input as to how we are going to raise the R1m by the deadline by launching the ‘Wall of Honour’ plaques and other plaques for the business community. The concept of a title sponsor for the multi- purpose hall was explained.
• We confirmed that the existing Facebook page will be revamped.
• A new database of Cressyites will be started with those that attended this launch.
• The individuals that attended will let us have contact details of their “Cressy family”.
• Those that attended will try and solicit participation from their “Cressy family” that they are in contact with and will cc Hashim Nacerodien.
• The existing website will be closed and a new one will be opened.
• We are also looking for business leads to market the plaques to.
• A monthly update will be sent to those on the database.
• Mr Adriaan then summed up the launch and his esteemed involvement with the alumni committee.
• Any ideas and suggestions would be very welcome.
• Our banking details are:
Harold Cressy Alumni Association
Account Nedbank Savings Account
Account No 2025483953
Please advise Hashim Nacerodien when payment is done.
Once again thank you for your enthusiastic participation at the Mini Launch.