Archive 2: Monthly Feedback August 2014
This is the 2nd in a series of posts leading up to Phase 2 of the Multi-purpose Hall project. These posts comprise of the alumni association newsletters that were sent out over the last few months to inform the alumni of the project’s progress.
Good Day All
- On 14 August 2014 the Council of Heritage Western Cape unanimously decided that Harold Cressy High School officially be declared a Provincial Heritage Site (PHS) under the National Heritage Resources Act of 1999.
- The “Unveiling” of the PHS plaque will take place on Wednesday 24th September 2014 (Heritage day) at 14h00 and we would like you to be part of this auspicious occasion. Invitations will be despatched in due course.
- The official launch of the ‘Wall of Honour’ will also take place at the abovementioned event.
- The tender process for Phase 1 of the multi-purpose hall project was completed on 19th August and we are now in the process of selecting a building contractor with a view to commencing construction within the next month or so.
Artist’s Impression of Phase 1
Artist’s Impression of Phase 2
- Dr Shafick Ismail explained at the ‘Mini Launch’ event the reason for requiring the additional funds of R1.4m by the deadline as set by the WCED – we would ideally like to complete construction of the entire footprint as part of Phase 1. This will enhance our chances of completing the superstructure as soon as the balance of the funds becomes available. Any additional fundraising ideas and suggestions would be very welcome.
- To date we have received 62 pledges of which 27 has been paid in full. Attached is the pledge form to assist with payment of all outstanding pledges. We would appreciate if at least part payment could be made this month.
- The Heritage Day “unveiling” event and the ‘Wall of Honour’ are also marketed on the Harold Cressy Facebook profile – your assistance with this by ‘tagging’ or sharing the event would be greatly appreciated.
- The number of Cressyites on the new database is growing steadily and at this stage there are just over 220 names on it.
- We urge you to let us have contact details of any other “Cressyites”.
- The existing website will be closed and the new one is taking shape, it should be up and running within the next 2 weeks.
- We are looking for more business and corporate leads to market the plaques to.
Our banking details are:
Harold Cressy Alumni Association
Account Nedbank Savings Account
Account No 2025483953
Please advise Hashim Nacerodien when payment is done.
Once again thank you for your enthusiastic participation at the Mini Launch.