Archive 3: Monthly Feedback September 2014
This is the 3rd in a series of posts leading up to Phase 2 of the Multi-purpose Hall project. These posts comprise of the alumni association newsletters that were sent out over the last few months to inform the alumni of the project’s progress.
Good Day All
September has been a hectic month; everything seems to have come alive!
- Monday 1st September the HCHS Project Team met with the WCED Project Manager to submit a motivation and request for additional funding due to substantial extra costs that will be incurred as a result of the unique site conditions – extra civil works due to soil conditions, retainer walls, drainage etc.
- Thursday 4th September the building contractor was selected and appointed following the tender process.
- Monday 8th September the site was handed over to the building contractor, Matamela Consulting.
- Thursday 11th September the “turning-of-the-sod” ceremony took place at the site.
Mr Adriaan doing the honours.
- 24th September the “Unveiling of the PHS plaque” event took place. This was one of the highlights in the history of Harold Cressy High School.
- The “Wall of Honour” was also launched at this event.
- The event was well attended and the fantastic media support that we had surpassed our expectations.
- To date we have received 75 pledges of which 35 have been paid in full.
- The number of “Cressyites” on the new database is growing steadily and at this stage there are just over 450 names on it.
- We urge you to let us have contact details of any other “Cressyites”.
- The existing website will be closed and the new one will be launched on 25th October
- The way forward – we need everyone’s support with the “Wall of Honour” and corporate plaques as we have a long way to go and depend on your support.
Our banking details are:
- Harold Cressy Alumni Association Account
- Nedbank Savings Account
- Account No: 2025483953
- Branch: Parow
- Branch Code: 102510
- Reference: Your name (WOH)
Please advise Hashim Nacerodien when payment is done.
Once again thank you for your enthusiastic participation in this exciting initiative.