Archive 4: Monthly Feedback October 2014
This is the 4th in a series of posts leading up to Phase 2 of the Multi-purpose Hall project. These posts comprise of the alumni association newsletters that were sent out over the last few months to inform the alumni of the project’s progress.
‘Wall of Honour’ Plaque Project participation has been a little slower than the previous two months but we are very encouraged by the growing interest shown in this exciting initiative.
- We are pleased to advise that the foundations of the Multi-Purpose Hall were cast by the building contractor during the last week – see photographs attached.
- If at all possible, please visit the site to witness the progress being made as it is already giving the Alumni Committee and everyone at HCHS a sense of satisfaction and reward.
- The Wall of Honour Plaque Project update: At this stage 71 black, 16 bronze, 3 silver, 1 platinum and 4 gold plaques have been paid for. Contributions for 25 pledges are still outstanding and it would be greatly appreciated if an effort could be made to pay this as soon as possible.
- The number of “Cressyites” on the new database is growing steadily and at this stage, there are just over 490 names on it.
- We urge you to forward contact details of any other “Cressyites” within your circle of friends and family.
- The school’s new website was launched on 25th October 2014 at the reunion of the Class of 1990. We wish to extend our sincere gratitude to Miles October for his tremendous contribution. Not only has he donated the website to Harold Cressy High School, but he has also made a commitment to provide (company) support with management of the site. Pleasevisit the website: cressy.co.za – the site is populated with start-up information and will be developed over the next few months. Any feedback would be appreciated.
- Our next fundraising effort is the “Blame it on the Boogie” musical show at the CTICC on Sunday 14 December (8pm) and Tuesday 16 December (the public holiday – @4pm). The show is directed by ex-Cressyite, Rafiek Mammon, who has discounted the first 100 and kindly donated the additional 100 to the hall project. The show features exciting local talent performing popular songs from the 70’s, 80’s & 90’s. Please contact Mr Lionel Adriaan (021 9323617/0722930325) and myself for tickets. Cost per ticket is only R100 (retails at R125) and the proceeds will be donated to the Multipurpose Hall Project Fund.
- Please also diarise 17 January 2015 – Classes of 78 & 79 will be hosting a breakfast/brunch/mini-reunion as a fundraising initiative for the hall project. The event will be open to all Cressyites and everyone is encouraged to support it. Please watch this space and Facebook for more details.
- The way forward – we need everyone’s support with the “Wall of Honour” and corporate plaques as we have a long way to go and depend on your support.
- Our banking details are:
Harold Cressy Alumni Association Account
Nedbank Savings Account
Account No: 2025483953
Branch Code: 102510
Reference: Your name (WOH)
Please advise Hashim Nacerodien when payment is done.
Once again thank you for your enthusiastic participation in this exciting initiative.