Archive 5: Monthly Feedback November/December 2014
This is the 5th in a series of posts leading up to Phase 2 of the Multi-purpose Hall project. These posts comprise of the alumni association newsletters that were sent out over the last few months to inform the alumni of the project’s progress.
Good Day All
Despite the lull in the ‘Wall of Honour’ Plaque Project participation over the holiday period, we have been able to edge closer to our target required for completion of Phase 1.
- The building contractor has been on site since 12 January and is employing additional staff to ensure that the target completion date of Phase 1 of the HCHS Multi-Purpose Hall is met.
- You are encouraged to visit the site to share in the sense of satisfaction that is already being felt by members of the Project Team and all at Harold Cressy High School.
- The Wall of Honour Plaque Project update: Payments in excess of R400 000 have been received from more than 100 individual and various corporate plaques but we are still R250 000 short of the amount required to complete Phase 1. Contributions for 23 pledges to the value of about R80 000 are still outstanding and it would therefore be greatly appreciated if an effort could be made to pay this as soon as possible.
- You are also kindly requested to assist with marketing of the ‘WOH’ Plaque Project by forwarding contact details of “Cressyites” or any other benefactors within your circle of family or friends.
- Please visit the recently launched HCHS website: cressy.co.za – the site is populated with start-up information and we require your contributions/suggestions to expand its content. Any feedback would be appreciated.
- The “Blame it on the Boogie” fundraising show was a huge success. Thank you for your support.
- The Classes of 78 & 79 brunch/mini-reunion fundraising event has been rescheduled. The event will marketed on Facebook and will be open to all Cressyites and other benefactors.
- The way forward – we need everyone’s support with the “Wall of Honour” and Corporate Plaque Project. We have a long way but with your support and “To those who are willing, nothing is too difficult.”
- Our next fundraising effort is the Harold Cressy Heritage 5km Fun Run/Walk on Sunday 22nd February 2015. Please join us in the inauguration of this Annual Event.
- Our banking details are:
- Harold Cressy Alumni Association Account
- Nedbank Savings Account
- Account No: 2025483953
- Branch: Parow
- Branch Code: 102510
- Reference: Your name (WOH)
Please advise Hashim Nacerodien when payment is done.
Once again thank you for your enthusiastic participation in this exciting initiative.