Archive 7: Monthly Feedback March 2015
This is the 7th in a series of posts leading up to Phase 2 of the Multi-purpose Hall project. These posts comprise of the alumni association newsletters that were sent out over the last few months to inform the alumni of the project’s progress.
Good Day All
- Wow! We wish that there are many more months like the one we experienced in March.
- There is still, however, a shortfall of about R130 000 for the construction of Phase 1 which is scheduled to be completed within the next few weeks. We desperately need follow through on all the outstanding ‘Wall of Honour’ pledges as we only have a few weeks to achieve our target.
- Site and construction progress since the last update: The construction of the stage area and plastering of the walls has almost been completed. The roof is next in line for completion.
- Your assistance is again requested with marketing of the ‘WOH’ Plaque Project. Please let us have contact details of “Cressyites” or any other benefactors within your circle of family or friends. Referrals have contributed significantly to our progress during the last 8 months.
- The way forward – we are presently brainstorming ideas for the funding of Phase 2 which includes construction of the kitchen, toilets and foyers. We have a long way but with your input and support, we proudly declare that “To those who are willing, nothing is too difficult.”
- The Harold Cressy Heritage 5km Fun Run/Walk took place on Sunday 15th March 2015. The buzz before and after this inaugural Harold Cressy Heritage Fun Run/Walk was unbelievable. The turnout exceeded our expectations with more than 600 participants on the day resulting in a profit in excess of R24 000 which will benefit the Cressy Hall Fund. Both young and old had great fun being part of yet another ‘first’ Harold Cressy High School. The route was ideal, the weather perfect and the efficient organising of the event by Itheko Events Management made it such an overwhelming success. The ‘ever present’ and one of the most loyal ex-Cressyites, Omar Ebrahim (Class of 1980), was there with his sound system to contribute to the positive vibe. There is already great support for this to be an annual event and we will be meeting with Itheko shortly to explore this possibility.
- The search is on for a potential title sponsor for the 2016 Cressy Heritage Fun Run/Walk and we therefore appeal to you to let us know of any company or business that would be interested.
- Harold Cressy HS learners were given collection lists as an additional fundraising tool for the multi-purpose hall. The response has been heartening and to date they have raised R26 000 and we therefore wish to thank them for this tremendous effort.
Our banking details are:
- Harold Cressy Alumni Association Account
- Nedbank Savings Account
- Account No: 2025483953
- Branch: Parow
- Branch Code: 102510
- Reference: Your name (WOH)
Please advise Hashim Nacerodien when payment is done.
Once again thank you for your enthusiastic participation in this exciting initiative.
- Hashim Nacerodien
- 083 6294298