Monthly Feedback April 2015
View from inside of the hall
Good Day All
- April was an interesting month with all the public holidays which we hope you enjoyed.
- The Project Committee extends a message of immense gratitude to all those who came forward to honour their pledges. As a result the shortfall to complete Phase 1 has been reduced from R130 000 to under R50 000.
- Due to some unforeseen construction delays, the scheduled completion date of Phase 1 has now been extended to 10 June.
- Site and construction progress since the last update: More than 90% of Phase 1 building work has been completed – this includes the main roof, the stage area, plastering and the first coat of paint. Currently under construction and due to be completed in the next 2-3 weeks – the inside floor slab, the stage roof, electrical and plumbing finishes as well as the apron slab (floor structure for Phase 2 – foyers, kitchen, toilets, store-room etc).
- Your assistance is again requested with marketing of the ‘Wall of Honour’ Plaque Project. Please forward the contact details of “Cressyites” or any other benefactors within your circle of family or friends. Referrals have contributed significantly to our progress during the last few months.
- The planned mini-celebration of the completion of Phase 1 and fundraising launch for Phase 2 will take place on Saturday 13 June @ 14h30 – please diarise – more details to
- We have a long way to go but with your input and support, we constantly remind ourselves that “To those who are willing, nothing is too difficult.”
- The search is still on for a title sponsor for the 2016 Cressy Heritage Fun Run/Walk and we therefore appeal to you to inform us of any company or business that would be interested.
- Our banking details are:
- Harold Cressy Alumni Association Account
- Nedbank Savings Account
- Account No: 2025483953
- Branch: Parow
- Branch Code: 102510
- Reference: Your name (WOH)
Please advise me when payment is done.
Once again thank you for your enthusiastic participation in this exciting initiative.